Terminating an employee is an unpleasant task, but sometimes it must be done. It is important to make sure that all final dues are accounted for properly.
- Select "Employee" from the top group of tabs. The page will default to display the "Active" Employee tab.
- Click the "Delete" ('X') icon for the employee you are going to terminate.
- Select the "Termination Date" from the drop down calendar. If the employee still needs to get paid, remember not to terminate the employee.
- Identify whether or not the employee is "Eligible for Rehire" with the company.
- Click "Process Termination" and you have completed the termination sequence.
Note: If you are going to pay the employee by check, it is absolutely critical that you remove all bank accounts from the employee record so as to avoid double paying an employee.