The ROE is the form—whether electronic or paper—that employers complete for employees receiving insurable earnings who stop working and experience an interruption of earnings.
Employers are also required to submit these ROEs to Service Canada.
NOTE: It is the employer's responsibility to ensure that Switch of Provider ROEs are completed by the previous payroll provider before services are terminated. Click here for a 5-step checklist on switching payroll providers.
To allow Wagepoint to prepare and submit these ROEs to Service Canada on your behalf, you are required to sign an authorization letter giving us the permission to do so.
1. In the "Company" tab, select "More > ROE Authorization"
2. Click the "ESign" button, but ensure that your pop-up blockers are disabled so that the form loads properly.
3. You'll need to set up all your employees and have your company details populated before you sign this ROE authorization form. The details you enter in the app will be automatically populated on the form for you.
4. Enter the contact details for the primary contact at your company who will be responsible for answering any follow up questions that Service Canada might have regarding the ROEs that are filed for your company.
5. Wagepoint will submit the completed and signed ROE authorization form to Service Canada. The process of setting up Wagepoint as the authorized representative will take 2 - 3 weeks, so it is best if this step is completed as soon as possible.
6. The ROE web authorization will allow Wagepoint to prepare and submit the ROEs to Service Canada electronically. Your employees will be able to log in to their Service Canada account and view their ROEs.
7. You can access the employer's copy of the ROE through the "Reports > More > ROE Files" tab.