Some times you might need to pay your employees a commission check, reimburse them for expenses or give them bonuses. During the company set up, you would have created all the additional income types that are applicable to your company.
Within the "Employees" > "Income" tab you would allocate the additional income types for each employee so that it gets accounted for when processing their payroll.
- Select "Employee" from the top group of tabs. The page will default to display the "Active" Employee tab.
- You will land on the "Person" tab when you click the edit (gear wheel) icon next to the employee you are adding income for, so select "Income" to add the additional income types, then click "Add Income".
- Choose the type of income that you are looking to pay out to your employee from the list of options.
- Input the "Amount" into the field.
- Select the frequency i.e. "Once on the next pay" or "Every pay".
- You may specify a particular department for this payment under "Charge Dept", if applicable.
- If needed, you may account for the hours associated with this income type.
- Click "Save Income".