Within the "Company" section, you will find the "Deductions" tab. This is where you can set up all applicable deductions like medical or dental insurance, retirement accounts, parking, etc.
- Select the "Company" tab. The page will default to the "Company Info" page. Choose the "Deductions" tab.
- Click the "Add a Deduction" button.
- Select the "Deduction type" from the list of pre-defined deductions.
- Assign a deduction name e.g. the provider or the type of deduction it is - Retirement, for example.
- If a "GL Expense Number" or "GL Liability Number" are applicable, enter that information in the available spaces.
- By default, all deductions are listed as taxable, payable, and insurable (subject to Social Security). If you need to make a change to these options, you can click the check box to Override Defaults. Once checked, you can set each option as YES or NO. (Note: If you override the defaults, Wagepoint assumes no responsibility for changes made incorrectly. Please contact us if you have questions about deductions.)
- Click "Save" and you have set up a company deduction.
- If you can't find a deduction in the list of options, click "Request Custom Deduction Type" and send us a message. We will get you set up right away :)